Anaerobic Digester Biogas Power Plant
Village Green Ventures‘ renewable energy plant now operational at Brunswick Landing. We anticipate VGV’s new anaerobic digester system to be generating up to 1 megawatt of electricity, roughly two fifths our current power load, in several months.
About the project:
- Power is generated from methane gas created by organic waste materials.
- Plant is located on 4.25-acre parcel on south end of Brunswick Executive Airport parking apron.
- Capacity to generate up to 1 megawatt of electricity; almost half of current electrical requirement at Brunswick Landing.
- Power plant will greatly reduce or eliminate electricity delivered over CMP’s distribution grid to the campus.
- Power purchase agreement (PPA) with VGV will allow MRRA to continue to offer a below-market electricity rate (currently 11.5 cents per kilowatt hour).
- The Digester will help eliminate organic waste by re-using and recycling it
What is anaerobic digestion?
Anaerobic digestion is a series of biological processes in which microorganisms break down biodegradable material in the absence of oxygen. One of the end products is biogas, which is combusted to generate electricity and heat, or can be processed into renewable natural gas and transportation fuels.
Learn more »
Anaerobic Digester Construction photos