Brunswick International Fly-In, Wings of Freedom Tour at BXM This Week
Take a Flight in WWII B-17 “Flying Fortress” at Brunswick Executive Airport
The Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority (MRRA) is excited to host two aviation events at the airport this week. Both events are open to the public.
The first event is the Collings Foundation “Wings of Freedom Tour”. Visitors to the airport will have a unique opportunity to view WWII era aircraft up close. Aircraft that will be on display may include the P-51 Mustang, B-17 Flying Fortress, B-24 Liberator, and the B-25 Mitchell.
In addition to viewing these aircraft, walk-through tours and flight opportunities are available. The aircraft will be on display and available for tours at the following times:
- Wednesday, September 21st – 2-5 p.m.
- Thursday, September 22nd – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, September 23rd – 9 a.m. to noon.
Flights will be scheduled following the tours each day.
Reservations are recommended for flights on these aircraft.
For more information, visit the Collings Foundation web site.
Fly-In Returns for 3rd Season
The second event at the airport is the Brunswick International Fly-in on Saturday, September 24th. This event will include a pancake breakfast, aviation safety seminars, and tours of TechPlace. The flight line will be open to the public from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. to view aircraft.
Tentative Fly-In Schedule:
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Ramp open to the public
- 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Pancake Breakfast
- 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Tours of Tech Place
- 10 a.m. to noon Safety Seminar – Aviation Weather, Byron Danforth, Danforth Aviation
- Noon to 12:30 p.m. Discussion on new Winter Operations A/C – Marty McMahon
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Tours of Brunswick Landing and Tech Place