Midcoast Charitable Foundation Awards $12,500 in Grants to Aid Local Organizations
MRRA Subsidiary Helping Community Through Charitable Giving
The Midcoast Charitable Foundation of Maine (MCFM), a subsidiary of the Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority, recently announced the award of $12,500 in grants to eight local organizations. These funds are earmarked for projects that strengthen community organizations and services to improve the quality of life, economic viability and sustainability of the communities and not for profit organizations that serve the Midcoast region.
This year’s grant monies will go toward funding multiple projects. Examples include:
- To Bath YMCA, financial assistance for low income to participate in Parkinson’s Disease boxing exercise class at the Landing Y;
- To New Ventures Maine, programs, training to support low income individuals wanting to start a business;
- To Harpswell Coastal Academy, wellness (Brunswick YMCA membership) and Nutrition Program for Midcoast teens from low income families.
“We’re delighted to be able to give back to the community,” MRRA Executive Director Steve Levesque said.
The funds were made available to the Foundation from the venue fees collected by MCFM from the Great State of Maine Air Show, the Race the Runways half marathon, 10K and 5K and the and other events held at Brunswick Landing. The Foundation was created by and is managed by MRRA.
Grantees and amounts awarded:
- Bath Area Family YMCA $1,700
- Bath Area Food Bank $1,500
- Habitat for Humanity $1,500
- Harpswell Coastal Academy $1,600
- New Ventures Maine $1,000
- Oasis Free Clinics $1,800
- Tedford Housing $1,800
- United Way of Mid Coast Maine $1,600